Are you planning some new year fun in Ann Arbor?
You don’t have to wait until summer!
Ann Arbor is full of fun winter activities. From winter festivals to affordable luxury hotel staycations, Ann Arbor and the surrounding communities have all the makings for a great getaway.
We Do What Cheap Hotels In Ann Arbor Can’t!
Want to get away for a little while?
You need a staycation!
Get away from it all, not so far from home. Ann Arbor has hotels for every budget, from discount to high-end accommodations. If you’re looking for a great combo of both, consider The Kensington Hotel. Your visit begins with a complimentary toast of champagne and a dip in our whirlpool or our indoor pool, the largest hotel pool in Ann Arbor.
The hotel features 200 newly renovated guest rooms and suites complete with marble bath, Beekman 1802 bath products, deluxe furnishings, plush bedding and complimentary Wi-Fi, and a selection of pet-friendly rooms.
You can eat out at one of Ann Arbor’s 250+ famous restaurants, or dine in at rel·ish, the Kensington’s in-house restaurant. The restaurant features authentic Ann Arbor dishes and American classics made with fresh, seasonal ingredients. For fresh-baked goods, snacks, light appetizers and more, the Union bar is available 24/7 in the lobby.
Contact us for more information about how to book your stay.
Ann Arbor’s Top Winter Must-See Destinations
Now that you have your hotel booked, it’s time to plan your stay in Ann Arbor. Did you know that Ann Arbor has several winter events?
- Destination Ann Arbor lists scheduled events including public performances. Visit the Blue Llama Jazz Club or the Kerrytown Concert House for an evening show, or book an elegant dinner at the Gandy Dancer Restaurant housed in a historic train depot or the city’s top steak house, The Chop House.
- Want something more low-key? Ann Arbor is full of nightlife for all lifestyles, popular breweries, and fun meetups. Check out the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase or a show at The Ark or The Blind Pig.
- Want some snowy winter outdoor fun? Buhr Ice Arena is an outdoor skating rink for some authentic winter activities like hockey or figure skating.
- The January Ann Arbor Folk Festival is a must if you like folk music, and the February Ann Arbor Restaurant Week is a must see.
- Ann Arbor also boasts dozens of beautiful museums. The University of Michigan Museum of Art hosts a variety of events and exhibits year-round. Visiting with kids? The University of Michigan Museum of Natural History has everything from dinosaur bones to a planetarium with live shows. Ann Arbor’s Hands On Museum is a popular winter destination for kids.
- Finally, what would a winter trip to Ann Arbor be without a visit to Hill Auditorium for a performance of Handel’s Messiah or a winter ballet? The University Musical Society puts on shows from Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra to the Emerson String Quartet every year.
Put The Finishing Touches On Your Winter Trip To Ann Arbor
Stay and play in Ann Arbor during the cozy winter months! We hope your stay is a memorable one, whether you’re enjoying a staycation or have come to see the popular winter events. Unlike cheap hotels in Ann Arbor, the Kensington is independently owned and can provide you a unique, luxury experience.
If there is anything we can do at the Kensington to make your stay more comfortable, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Take your trip to the next level! Book your stay today!